Programme of Speakers
- 7th September: Tim Turner Country House sales from past Sworders Auctions.
- 5th October: Ray Franklin – ‘Elsenham Jam Factory, a History’.
- 2nd November: Peter Sanders; Toby Lyons and Elizabeth Ashton ‘Watermill Farm the Watercress beds and the Wild Flower Meadows.
- 7st December: Mulled wine, mince pies (Quiz/fun evening) (Members).
- 4th January: ‘Members Evening’ (4-5 members) please volunteer your short contribution.
- 1st February: Ken McDonald ‘The Hundred Parishes’ ‘an Introduction’.
- 1st March: Keith Lovell; Essex Village signs.
- 5th April: Speaker TBC. Title; Lord Gardner and his Family in Stansted.
- 3rd May: AGM followed by talk from Elphin Watkin entitled ‘Essex Malt houses’.
Stansted Mountfitchet Local History Society
The season’s meetings will be held in the Crafton Green Centre, off Chapel Hill on the dates given, at 8pm. Member’s subscriptions will be £8 for the year and £2 for Day Member’s. Refreshments will be provided.
We look forward to seeing you this coming season, and extend a warm welcome to all.