A number of drop-in exhibitions have been organised so that residents and businesses can find out more about the proposals within the Uttlesford Draft Local Plan.
Subject to the draft plan being approved for public consultation by Full Council tomorrow (11 July), the exhibitions will he held on:
- Monday 17 July, 5-8.30pm – Chesterfords Community Centre, Newmarket Road, Great Chesterford CB10 1NU
- Monday 24 July, 5-8.30pm – Stebbing Village Hall, Mill Lane, Stebbing CM6 3SL
- Wednesday 26 July, 5-8.30pm – Memorial Hall, Manor Road, Little Easton CM6 2JR
These exhibitions are open to all, and have been tailored to specifically give more information about the individual proposed garden communities at North Uttlesford (north-east of Great Chesterford), Easton Park, and land known as West of Braintree (east of Stebbing). These communities will be key in accommodating the majority of the 5,900 new homes required to meet the district’s growth needs up to 2033.
The purpose of these exhibitions is to provide residents and businesses with information to help them make informed comments on the draft plan during the forthcoming consultation. The consultation, if agreed by Full Council, will run from 12 July to 4 September.
In addition to the exhibitions, there will be unmanned information points and display panels which will provide a more general overview of the draft plan. These information points can be viewed during normal opening hours at:
- Great Dunmow Library, White Street, Great Dunmow CM6 2AU
- UDC Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden CB11 4ER
For those unable to attend the exhibitions or information points, the display panels will be made available on the council website.
The agenda for Full Council on 11 July is available at www.uttlesford.gov.uk/council11july. Residents can listen in to the debate as the meeting will be broadcast live and recorded via www.audiominutes.com/udc.
All related local plan material is available to view at www.uttlesford.gov.uk/new-local-plan.
- For more details on this media release please contact the Communications Team on 01799 510442 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter @Uttlesford DC
- You can also follow our business Development Team @UDCBusiness, our Emergency Planning Team @UDCResilience, and our jobs feed @UDCJobs
- Follow us on Facebook at facebook/UttlesfordDC