|This is a regular email bulletin aimed at keeping you up-to-date with how Uttlesford District Council is responding to the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.
You can find details of any changes to council services on our website – see www.uttlesford.gov.uk/coronavirus or click on the link below. On this page you will also find links to trusted sources and guidance.
How to get in touch with UDC
|Given the current challenges and health risks around personal contact, the reception area at our Saffron Walden offices is now closed. This action has been taken to protect residents and our staff.
We are also not taking any cash payments at this time.
There are a number of other ways in which you can access our services:
Thank you for your understanding at this time.
Uttlesford Community Response
|We’ve set up a new community helpline to direct you to services that can help during the current situation.
Uttlesford Community Response has been set up for the following two things:
- To help direct residents who need support, such as picking up shopping or prescription collections, to services which can help or to someone who can be a telephone or Facebook friend.
- To provide advice on where to register your offer of help to support your community.
Call: 03333 408 218 (8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday)
Every Mind Matters
Every Mind Matters has released expert advice and top tips on how to look after your mental wellbeing while staying at home, as well as guidance if you’re feeling worried or anxious about the coronavirus outbreak.
Other organisations such as Mind also offer advice on your wellbeing and the wellbeing of others.
The Livewell website has advice on looking after your wellbeing and being active whilst staying at home.
Coronavirus (Covid-19): what you need to do
The single most important action we can all take in fighting coronavirus is to stay at home in order to protect the NHS and save lives.
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (where this absolutely cannot be done from home)
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
Anyone can spread the virus.