Have you thought about representing the thoughts and feelings of your community about the issues that matter to them?
- Are you concerned about your community?
- Do you want to help to make a difference to Stansted Mountfitchet?
- Do you want to represent the views of local people?
- Do you have time or expertise which could benefit the wider community?
If you have answered yes to any of the above, why not step forward and apply to become a Parish Councillor?
We currently have one vacancy to be filled by co-option.
The Parish Council is the first tier of local government and plays an important part in maintaining and improving local services and facilities for the benefit of our community. We aim to achieve the best possible outcomes for residents by:
- Providing efficient and cost-effective services within our areas of responsibility
- Working together with partners to deliver the best for our community
- Being open and transparent in our working
The Full Council meets on average every three weeks and the two main committees every six weeks (usually on Wednesday evenings). Attendance is expected to be consistent, with apologies given if unable to attend. Councillors may serve on one of the two main committees (subject to places being available) but are also expected to join sub-committees and working groups for specific projects and undertake research/preparation. Much of our communication takes place via emails – to which councillors are expected to respond!
In order to apply you must be 18 years of age or older and a qualifying citizen.
Details of eligibility and the application form are available on our website at www.stansted.net. Alternatively, these can be requested from the Council Offices on 01279 813214 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 4pm on Friday 11th February 2022: