The Chancellor has set out a range of further temporary and targeted measures to support businesses in response to the Covid-19 situation.
This includes a package of measures including:
- every business with a rateable value of under £51,000 will receive 100% relief
- businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors with a rateable value of between £15,000 and £51,000 will be supported with a cash grant of up to £25,000 per business
- all businesses in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief will be eligible for a cash payment of £10,000 (this is an increase from the original amount of £3,000)
We appreciate the challenges that businesses are currently facing and we are doing all we can to find out more detail on how these schemes are to be administered. As soon as we have this information we will be able to provide you with the details.
Other reliefs and support packages which are outside of the council’s remit include:
- a statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs
- for smaller firms the business interruption loan scheme will offer loans of up to £5m
- the HMRC Time to Pay Scheme
For further information or advice, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy has published coronavirus guidance for employees, employers and businesses.
Visit the BEST Growth Hub for further guidance for businesses.
Business Support Officer
Uttlesford District Council, Council Offices,
London Road, Saffron Walden,
Essex CB11 4ER