Residents can have their say on Essex County Council’s new vision for its libraries after the publication of the council’s Everyone’s Library Service 2022-2026 plan.
The plan commits to keeping all 74 libraries open in the county with investment in training and the upskilling of existing library staff.
There are three core aims at the heart of the plan, which details how these will be achieved.
Library Service and Literacy
- Books, e-books, digital and online.
- Supporting children to be school ready and helping adults to improve their literacy.
- Building people’s confidence in reading
- Nurturing people’s love for books
Infrastructure and Communications
- Improving the Library infrastructure (Buildings and IT)
- Creating welcoming, accessible places that also provide more opportunities for communities to use
- Thinking of new ways to communicate and engage with residents so they know what is on offer
Supporting our communities and levelling up
- Making sure all residents have the same access to the support and skills they need to achieve their aspirations, regardless of where they live in the county
- Improving opportunities for everyone, locally and countywide
- Encouraging new users and thinking of new ways to attract them
Everyone is welcome to give their views and can do so online at www.essex.gov.uk/everyoneslibrary. There will also be opportunities to share you views in person at one of the engagement events ECC are planning early next year, or via our customer service centre by calling 0345 603 7633.
The deadline to provide feedback is 1pm Jan 21, 2022