Changes being made to the traffic system at the A120 roundabout near junction 8 of the M11 will impact on the flow of vehicles running through this area over the coming months. Details are provided in the update by Essex Highways below
M11 Junction 8 Improvements – A120 Birchanger Roundabout Update
What is happening:
- The project will be implementing a traffic management layout to facilitate civil works on the A120 roundabout.
- The revised road layout will consist of reduced lane running on the western approach to the A120 Roundabout from Birchanger Green Roundabout.
- There will be a full ring management system around the roundabout which has been designed to ensure through traffic in both directions is maintained and the impact to traffic flow is reduced.
- The work will commence early July 2022.
- The duration of the work is approximately 17 weeks.
Sisk, working on behalf of Essex County Council, endeavour to ensure that all communications are issued in a timely manner and normally we would like to give more advanced notice. In this instance the delay is due to advanced talks between Essex County Council, National Highways and Sisk to ensure the proposal is the most efficient traffic management possible and to minimise the impact to road users and the general public.
Please note these roadworks will coincide with National Highways’ programme of planned closures and diversions in and around the M11 junction 8 bridges, as reported in an earlier post on this website, details of which can be found at https://www.stansted.net/news/a120-diversion/